Ah, summer vacation! The sun is shining, the kids are getting along, and all accommodations are set. You and your family are ready for some fun in the sun, when suddenly–sickness strikes.
It could be a stomach bug, ear infection, getting too much sun, or insect bite. Any of these unexpected conditions can put a damper on you and your family’s much-needed vacation. But there is no need to worry!
As a WPS member, you and your eligible dependents have access to U.S. board-certified doctors anytime, anywhere, by phone or video consult through Teladoc®. This service is a convenient alternative to costly urgent care centers and ER visits when you need non-emergency care right now. You can talk to a doctor for a $0 or $10 copay, or a $45 fee*, depending on your health plan.
Get the care you need now
- Allergies and sinus problems
- Sprains and strains
- Asthma and bronchitis
- Colds, flu, and sore throats
- Ear infections
- “Pink eye” (conjunctivitis)
- Skin problems: rashes, infections, and insect bites
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Other non-emergency illnesses
It’s easy to organize a trip without planning ahead for potential sickness or injury. Here are five tips to help prevent sickness from spoiling your vacation:
- Register online for Teladoc services. If sickness strikes, you’ll have a trusted health care resource with you wherever you go, when you need it now.
- Pack your member ID card. Or take a photo of your ID card on your phone for safekeeping.
- Stay active and drink water. Incorporating physical activity into your trip plan helps energize your body and keep it functioning properly. Drinking water flushes your body of toxins, helps with digestion, and keeps you hydrated.
- Keep healthy snacks around. Bring some healthy snacks with you to keep your energy high and decrease your chance of getting sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. If this isn’t possible, make sure you have alcohol-based hand sanitizer to help prevent cold or flu symptoms.
For more information or to register:
*$45 fee applies to your plan’s deductible, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximum with HSA-qualified plans.
This service is optional for large and self-funded groups. If you are a group leader, check your policy or talk to an agent for more information on adding this great benefit for your employees.
WPS only covers Telehealth services available through Teladoc®. Teladoc does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Teladoc does not prescribe DEA-controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs, and other drugs, which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. Prescriptions are written at the sole discretion and medical judgment of the Teladoc physician. 29428-021-1606